Wednesday 4 June 2014

My ride and my road

Top Gear always was my little dirty sin. I love the show despite conservative, stupid and apparently racist comments from Jeremy Clarkson. The show brings inner 9-year-old to life and makes me want to play with cars, do stupid things and make a lot of noise.  6 year ago the Clarkson, May and Hammond bought old cheap motorbikes in Saigon and drove (almost) all way north to Ha Long bay. Since then a motorbike road trip in Vietnam was one of my ultimate dreams. Now I can say I'VE DONE IT. 

 

A little bit more than two weeks ago I bough rusty second hand Honda WIN, which slowly, but surely took me more than 2 300 Km till Hanoi. And it was absolutely amazing. There is not enough beer in the world too tell stories about adventure, that I had on the way. But I will be happy to tell those stories once me and you will raise a glace of ...., but now photos:

Out from Saigon

First stop - beautiful Da Lat

A little bit of rain on the way from Da Lat

My bike


Da Lat - Nha Trang Pass one of the most beautiful road I've ever seen



That day I was completely wet two times



I spend a day in Quy Nhon

The Biggest Plus of the city - not many tourist


One of many war memorials that I found in Vietnam

Vietnamese like play billiard

Another war memorial

Road just outside Quy Nhon

Cemetery in sand


Night Light in Hoi An

 Views from Hai Van Pass




Kids playing inside Hue citadel

Night Market


Cemetery in water

I prefer smaller roads for obvious reasons

Mountains in Central Vietnam saw some of the worst battles of Vietnam War


Absolutely stunning Ho Chi Minh Trail



These hills look like a face, don't they?

I didn't like road signs: Caution loose rocks




Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park


Paradise cave - the largest and the most beautiful cave in Phong Nha-Kẻ Bàng area







Local farmers like to dry their weeds on Ho Chi Minh highway



Ha Long Bay










Cat Ba island





Fishing port in Cat Ba City




On the way back I was wondering if I'm gonna be in the new about one of those ferries that sank in SEA, because there was way to many people on board





How much of a movie hero that you want be you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment